This roasted beet salad has all of my favorite things in it. Crunch, creaminess, BACON! It’s so delicious and it will change the way that you think about salads forever. I love to eat it as a meal itself or pair it with a beautiful piece of perfectly cooked protein.
I try not to eat a lot of dairy because I can be sensitive to it (although, it can be a struggle because I love it). Goat cheese is easier on my tummy though and I am so glad because it is delicious! It is so creamy and the tangy flavor pairs beautifully with the sweetness of the beets and the Honey Balsamic dressing.
Roasting the Beets
This is the method that works the best for me when it comes to peeling and slicing whole beets.
1.) Slice the greens off of the beets. Scrub each whole beet really well under running water (they are a root vegetable and have a lot of dirt on them).
2.) Place the cleaned beets into a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
3.) Drain the beets and place them on a cutting board to cool slightly. Then gently slice off the skin of the beet with a pairing knife. Slice the peeled beets into small cubes or wedges and spread out on a lined baking sheet. Spray with avocado oil spray and season with salt and pepper.
4.) Bake in a 425′ oven for 15-20 minutes. Let cool before adding to the salad.
Note* If using organic beets, save the greens to saute in oil!
Used in this Recipe:
More Recipes You Will Love:
Roasted Beet Salad with Bacon & Goat Cheese
- 1 bag Mixed Greens or Aruguala
- 4 large Beets roasted
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 oz Goat Cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup Honey Balsamic Dressing Tessemae's
- Cook the bacon over medium heat in a skillet. When fully cooked, remove and place on a plate with napkins to absorb the extra fat. Crumble when cooled
- Cook the beets according to the instructions in the post
- Place the greens in a large bowl and layer with beets, bacon, pine nuts, and goat cheese. Serve with Honey Balsamic dressing