It is very hard to say this because I love all of the recipes that I put on this blog, but this one takes the cake. The cookie? The cookie skillet? This one just might be my favorite. Not only does is it taste like a real deal chocolate chip cookie, it is so fun to make and to eat! It is crispy on the outside and gooey and chewy on the inside. It’s perfection.
One thing that I love about this recipe is how easy it is to throw together. My 7 year old daughter helped me make this and it was so fun to sit down and eat it together. It felt special and I love that delicious food can have that positive impact. We obviously didn’t eat it all and my husband wanted some when he got home. Instead of microwaving it, I stuck it back in the oven for a few minutes so the outside stayed crispy and the inside got all melty. It worked perfectly.
I added collagen peptides to the batter because I feel that it helps make the texture more like a regular cookie. Almond flour can be a bit dry on its own, but this wasn’t at all. I love using collagen peptides in my recipes anyway to give a little added boost of protein. You can read more about why I love using collagen here.
Used in this Recipe:
More Recipes You Will Love:
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 scoops collagen peptides
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup Creamy Nut Butter flavor of choice ( I use almond or cashew)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Ghee or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips divided (I like Lily's or Enjoy Life)
- Preheat the oven to 350' and grease your skillet with a little bit of ghee or coconut oil
- Combine the almond flour, collagen, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl, use whisk to fluff up and combine
- In a separate bowl, combine the nut butter, eggs, honey, ghee and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine until smooth. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips and spread the batter out into an even layer in the greased skillet. Use the remaining chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, you want the top to be golden and crsip but the inside to be soft and chewy