These oven baked sweet potato fries are easy to make but oh so delicious. They have perfectly crispy edges on the outside with a tender inside. You will love these as a side dish to any meal.
*Originally posted June 2018; Updated August 2020
These baked sweet potato fries are tossed with avocado oil and super simple seasoning made of salt, pepper and garlic powder. They come out perfect very single time! It is my go-to basic sweet potato fry recipe.
Here are some other fun flavor combinations to try:
- After fries are baked, toss with cinnamon and sugar for a fun treat for the kids
- Spice them up with cumin, paprika, cayenne and salt & pepper
- For a fall inspired snack, toss with some pumpkin spice
Our absolute favorite way to enjoy these fries is to serve them with my Spicy Garlic Aioli as a dipping sauce. YUM! And of course you can't go wrong with a good ole' burger and fry combo like the one pictured below.
Burger Recipes to Try:
You Might Also Like:
- Pan Roasted Shishito Peppers
- Polish Dill Potatoes
- Roasted Radishes & Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Classic Potato Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Easy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil or oil of choice
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes peeled & cut into matchsticks
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbls Parsley for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425'
- Toss sweet potatoes in a bowl with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place sweet potatoes in an even layerBake for 12 minutes and then flip and bake another 12 minutes
- Then turn the oven to broil (high) for 5 minutes(Keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn)
- Remove from oven and top with parsley and additional salt if needed