Greek Turkey Burgers – Paleo & Gluten Free
Burger season is here and I am so excited! We happen to eat burgers all year round’ but it is fun to change it up with some new flavors. These greek turkey burgers have tons of flavor but they also sneak veggies in which is a total mom win. Simple, healthy and delicious, you can’t beat that.
You can use any ground meat you want, but I love turkey for this recipe. I don’t get the leanest grind because the fat helps keep it moist. The added zucchini and sun-dried tomatoes also help keep the turkey from drying out. I love that this has added veggies in it, not only for nutrition, but for texture and flavor.
I like to form the burgers into patties (pictured below) and lay them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment. This way I can season them with a little extra salt and pepper on the outside before I cook them. My favorite way to cook burgers is in my cast iron skillet. It gives them a beautiful crust on the outside while keeping them nice and juicy on the inside.
I always love a good sauce for my burgers, for me it’s a must. For these Greek Turkey burgers, I mixed my Spinach, Arugula & Walnut Pesto with some Mayo for a beautiful aioli! It was the BEST topping and just took the flavor to a whole new level. We eat our burgers on lettuce buns and load up the toppings. They are a family favorite and perfect for any summer BBQ!
Used in this Recipe:
More Recipes You Will Love:
The Best Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Greek Turkey Burgers - Paleo & Gluten Free
- 1 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup Zucchini diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dried Mint
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbls Pesto
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- Mix all the ingredients (except oil) in a large bowl until well combined. Try not to over work the meat too much
- Form into 6 equal patties, season the outside with additional salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in the skillet over medium heat, cook burgers on each side for 5-7 minutes or until it is completely cooked through
- While the burgers are cooking, mix the pesto and mayo to make the sauce
- Once burgers are done, layer them and the aioli on the lettuce buns and add any toppings of choice
Sounds great! I am allergic to garlic so I will omit it and double the onion powder.
These look SO good! Totally going on my summer grilling menu rotation!
Thanks Jessica! They are delicious!