If you have been following me for a while, then you know that my husband lived in Poland for most of his childhood. I went with him to visit and learn more about the country and more about my husband. And I fell in love, I mean head over heels in love. It is so beautiful, so rich in history and the food is out of this world. They use fresh ingredients to make the food shine. This recipe is so so simple, but the flavor of the dill knocks it out of the park.
I am so proud of myself for these because my husband said they tasted just like the ones he grew up eating. These potatoes are a fun way to change up your side dish. I love potatoes, but it can get boring to make them the same way every time.
I know that these little potatoes can be a pain to peel, but I have tried this recipe with the peel on and it’s just not the same. It also might seem like a decent amount of salt but remember, you are only seasoning the outside of the potato.
Used in this Recipe:
More Recipes You Will Love:
Polish Dill Potatoes
- 2 lbs Small Potatoes like petite yukon gold (peeled)
- 2 Tbls Ghee
- 3 Tbls Dill Fresh
- 1-2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Peel the potatoes, place in a large pot and cover with cold water
- Add a pinch of salt to the water and bring to a boil
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender and drain
- Add back into the pot and toss with ghee, chopped dill and 1-2 tsp of salt (you want a good amount of salt because you are only able to season the outside of the potato)