This Beef & Bison Chipotle Chili is super simple to make but has so much flavor. The chipotle peppers give a spicy kick that takes this chili to another level. It is low carb and WW friendly and is perfect for any night of the week.
My family loves chili and I make different versions constantly. We love all-meat chili and chili with beans. What do you prefer? I prefer without beans, but it depends on the mood I am in. This recipe happened because I had both ground beef and ground bison from ButcherBox in the freezer that I needed to use up. But the great thing about chili is that you can use whatever ground meat you want.
Many of you know that I am on a 100 lb+ weight loss journey and am currently following the WW (weight watchers) green plan. This recipe (as is) is 7 points on the green plan. You can easily save points by using only ground turkey (5 points). These calculations do not include toppings, but there are so many point friendly options.
*these are all based in the WW green plan and can vary depending on brand
You Might Also Like:
- Spiced Chicken Breasts with Mango Salsa
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
- Sweet Pepper Nachos with Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce
- Healthy Chipotle Shrimp Burrito Bowls
- Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Beef & Bison Chipotle Chili
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven over medium heat and add in the diced bell peppers and diced red onion. Saute for 5 minutes and add in the minced garlic, saute another 2 minutesAdd the ground meat into the pot, along with the seasonings. Cook until browned and cooked through Add in the chopped choptle peppers and can of crushed tomatoes. Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Let simmer for 20-30 minutesTaste for salt and enjoy! Serve with desired toppings
- Light Sour Cream – 2 Tbls = 1 point
- Lime Wedges – 0 points
- Diced Red Onion – 0 points
- Cilantro – 0 points
- Shredded Cheese – 1 Tbls = 1 point
- Avocado – 1/4 = 3 points
- Jalapeno – 0 points