Whole30 Broccoli, Potato & Chicken Sausage Skillet
Chicken | Dairy Free | Entrees | Gluten Free | One Pot Meals | Recipes | Whole30
This Whole30 Broccoli, Potato and Chicken Sausage Skillet is the perfect easy, healthy and delicious meal that the whole family will enjoy! It comes together in no time at all, making it perfect for those busy weeknights.
What You Need:
- Chicken Sausage – I like to use Aidell’s Chicken Apple Sausage which is Whole30 Compliant
- Broccoli Florets – you can cut your own or buy the 12oz bag of pre-cut florets to make it easier
- Yukon Potatoes – can also use russet or red potatoes
- Coconut Aminos – this is a Whole30 compliant sauce (similar in flavor to soy sauce, but a little sweeter)
- Pepper Flakes – use regular pepper if you don’t want any heat
- Garlic Powder
- Large Skillet
- The first step in this recipe is to brown the chicken apple sausage. Most versions come already cooked, but I like to get some caramelization on it for added flavor and texture. The sausage gets browned in the skillet with the avocado oil and then gets set aside.
- Then we start cooking the potatoes and onions with 1/2 the seasonings because these take longer than the broccoli. The coconut aminos goes in and then cover the skillet to help cook the potatoes faster.
- Once the potatoes are starting to get slightly tender, the broccoli, garlic and cooked apple sausage gets added in.
- Taste for seasoning and enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
You Might Also Like:
- Sweet Potato & Chicken Apple Sausage Breakfast Skillet
- Spicy Pineapple Chicken
- Whole30 Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Whole30 Steak Fajita Bowls
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Bacon Breakfast Skillet with Ranch Home Fries
Broccoli, Potato & Chicken Sausage Skillet
This Whole30 Broccoli, Potato and Chicken Sausage Skillet is the perfect easy, healthy and delicious meal that the whole family will enjoy!
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil
- 4 links Chicken Sausage sliced (pre-cooked)
- 1 Tbls Ghee
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes* cubed (about 3-4 potatoes)
- 1 Yellow Onion small (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 12 oz Broccoli Florets about 2 small heads
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes**
- 3 Tbls Coconut Aminos
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat and evenly brown the sliced chicken sausage – remove from pan and set aside
- Mix the salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper flakes together Melt the ghee in the skillet (keeping over medium heat) and add in the onion and potatoes. Season with half of the spice mixture and saute until mostly cooked through (10-15 minutes depending on the size of the cubes)
- Stir in the coconut aminos, broccoli and garlic, cover for 3 minutes to help finish cooking the potatoes and to cook the broccoli
- Remove the lid and stir in the browned chicken sausage
- Taste for seasoning and enjoy!
*Can also use russet or red potatoes **use less red pepper flakes to reduce heat of this dish
Calories: 309kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 14gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 1167mgPotassium: 842mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 619IUVitamin C: 83mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @thebetteredblondie