Delicious, low carb stuffed peppers with the flavors of Philly cheesesteak. An easy, healthy meal that comes together in no time at all.
Why You Will Love this Recipe
These Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are so easy to make but truly loaded with the flavor of one of your favorite sub sandwiches. This has quickly become one of my favorite weeknight recipes. It is a hit with the family and comes together quickly.
What You Need
- Bell Peppers – I used a mix of red and green bell peppers, you can use your preference
- Mushrooms – we kept it simple with the pre-sliced mushrooms in the produce section
- Worcestershire Sauce – this helps give a lovely caramelized flavor to the beef mixture (to keep this recipe gluten free and Whole30, replace with coconut aminos)
- Ground Beef – typically you would see a sliced beef, but I wanted to use ground beef to keep it simple and use an ingredient that most of us always have on hand
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Shredded White Cheddar Cheese – traditionally, Philly cheesesteak has provolone but I like the creaminess and punch of flavor that the white cheddar brings
We enjoyed these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers with my Spicy Garlic Aioli on top, it is the perfect condiment and really added a punch of flavor to the dish!
You Might Also Like
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice
- The Best Baked Chicken Thighs
- Low Carb Chicken Fajitas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 3 Bell Peppers cut in half; seeds removed
- 1 Tbls Butter
- 8 oz Mushrooms sliced baby bella
- 1 Yellow Onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Tbls Worcestershire Sauce divided
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- Place the halved and seeded bell peppers in a baking dish; spray them lightly with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepperPlace them in the oven and broil on high for about 7-10 minutes; keep an eye on them so they don't burn – it is just to soften them and get a little caramelization on the edgesTake out of the oven and set aside
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heatAdd in the thinly sliced onions and mushrooms – sauté for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally – they should soften and start to caramelize Add in the minced garlic and 1 Tbls of the Worcestershire sauce – sauté another 3 minutesRemove from pan, season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside
- Add in the avocado oil and turn heat to medium/highAdd in the ground beef with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powderSauté until completely browned and cooked through (about 5 minutes) then stir in the onion/mushroom mixture and the remaining Worcestershire sauceCook another 2-3 minutes and remove from heat
- Fill the peppers with the equal amounts (about 1/2 cup) of mixture and then top with the shredded cheesePlace back under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese (be careful not to burn)Serve with optional Spicy Garlic Aioli and enjoy!