Looking for a delicious keto chicken parmesan recipe? Look no further! This recipe uses pork rinds and parmesan cheese for a low carb and tasty twist on a classic dish.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This recipe is my take on the classic Italian style chicken dish but without all the added carbs. I use a secret ingredient, pork rinds, to make a perfectly crispy and flavorful coating for the chicken. It is easy, delicious and a recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
What You Need
- Chicken Breast – about 2 large (2lbs)
- Pork Rinds – this is the secret ingredient for the incredible low carb coating. It does not taste like pork rinds at all and gets so crispy and delicious (this is the same method I use for my popular Keto Spicy Chicken Tenders)
- Grated Parmesan
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Marinara – I use one with no added sugars to keep the carb count lower
- Mozzarella – I like to use the sliced mozzarella for a creamier bite, but you can also use shredded
- Fresh Basil
Make Keto Chicken Parmesan
*Detailed amounts and instructions are in the recipe card at the end of the post
- The first step is to slice the chicken breast in half lengthwise, making two thin breasts
- Those chicken breasts will then be pounded a little bit to make them nice and thin, this makes it easier to get a crispy outside without overcooking the chicken
- Next we will prepare the coating for the keto chicken parmesan, this is where the pork rinds come in! I pulse my pork rinds in a food processor to make breadcrumbs, but you can also add them to a bag and smash them up
- The pork rind crumbs then get combined with the parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and a little salt + pepper
- Now it’s time to bread the chicken – we will make a dredging station. One bowl with the almond flour (salt + pepper), one bowl with the egg, and then the pork rind crumb mixture
- Take one thin chicken breast and dip in the almond flour (shake off excess), then dip in the egg, and last you coat it in the crumb mixture (shake off excess)
- Place each breaded chicken breast on your prepared baking sheet and bake
- Add the marinara and cheese and bake again until cheese is just melted
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy!
My absolute favorite way to enjoy this low carb chicken dish with with hearts of palm noodles. They are super low in carbs for a large portion. I heat them up in a pan with marinara and serve on the side. You could also serve with a veggie like my Easy Air Fryer Asparagus.
I prefer to heat up leftovers in the air fryer or oven to crisp up the coating again – but I recommend only topping the chicken with the marinara and cheese if you plan to eat it right away. You can crisp up leftover chicken and add the marinara and cheese the next day.
I use my food processor, but you can also add to a bag and crush with a rolling pin. It should be a fine crumb, not too big of chunks.
You Might Also Like
- Low Carb Egg Roll in a Bowl
- The Best Ever Baked Chicken Thighs
- Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Keto Spicy Chicken Tenders
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Keto Chicken Parmesan
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Crushed Pork Rinds plain
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1.5 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Marinara (no sugar added) divided
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella slices or shredded (divided)
- 4 Tbls Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp Salt divided
- 1/4 tsp Pepper divided
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare your baking sheet – line your baking sheet with foil and place a rack over top
- Next, carefully slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise – making it into 4 total thin chicken breastsUse a *meat mallet/tenderizer to pound the chicken into a thin (not too thin) breast
- Prepare the crumb mixture by adding *crushed pork rinds, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, 1/2tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp pepperStir to combine
- Add the eggs to a bowl or rimmed plate and whisk
- Add the almond flour and remaining salt and pepper to a separate bowl or rimmed plate
- Take a chicken breast and coat with the seasoned almond flour, shaking off any excessThen dip in the egg and last, coat with the pork rind crumb mixture (shaking of excess)Place on the rack on the baking sheet
- Once all the chicken breasts are coated and on the baking sheet – bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes (chicken should be cooked through and 165 internal temp)Add 2 Tbls of marinara sauce to each chicken breast and about 2 slices or 2 oz of mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy!