These Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. They are absolute flavor bombs that will have you licking your fingers after each bite. Enjoy as a snack or appetizer or even as a main dish!
We love wings in our family and the air fryer just makes it so easy. They cook in about 20 minutes and get super crispy! If I am making a big batch, I will set some aside and toss them in BBQ sauce for the kids. We will eat them as a main dish with a salad or veggies on the side.
what you need:
- Air Fryer - I use the PowerXL and I love it. It is easy to use and super easy to clean!
- Chicken Wings - I get mine from ButcherBox, they are the best
- Seasoning - A simple combo of salt and spices (salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder)
- Buffalo Sauce - I make my own (in recipe box below) but feel free to use your favorite store-bought brand!
- Avocado Oil Spray
Important question, do you eat your buffalo wings with blue cheese or ranch?? I have to say that I am normally team ranch, but when I was testing this recipe, I really loved them with the blue cheese! I used store bought blue cheese dressing and topped it with blue cheese crumbles for added flavor and texture. So yummy!
Thawed or Frozen Chicken Wings?
You can do both, however, I much prefer using thawed (or fresh) wings. They are easier to cook and the seasoning sticks so much better. For that reason, this recipe is based on using thawed chicken wings. I believe you get the best flavor and crispiest skin with this method.
Tips for Crispy Wings:
- Pat your wings dry with paper towels before seasoning them. This helps get rid of any extra moisture so the skin can get nice and crispy!
- Lay them in one even layer in the air fryer basket. You will have to make them in batches, but trust me, you get the best result this way.
- Cook at a higher heat for the last few minutes for the ultimate crispiness.
How to Reheat Leftovers:
Wings are the best when enjoyed the same day, but if you have leftovers, just reheat in the air fryer! A few minutes at 380'F will heat them through and give you the best result.
You Might Also Like:
- Gluten Free Air Fryer Taquitos
- Low Carb Loaded Brussels Sprouts
- Whole30 + Keto Spicy Chicken Tenders
- Keto Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- Crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
The Best Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs Chicken Wing Sections thawed (or fresh)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup Ghee or butter
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Pat the wing sections dry with paper towels
- Mix the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl and coat the wings with the mixture
- Place the seasoned wings in the air fryer basket, in an even layer (no stacking). You will have to cook in batchesSpray with avocado oil. Place the basket in the air fryer and turn heat to 380'F. Set the time for 10 minutes. Flip and then cook another 10 minutes (internal temp should be 165')Turn heat to 400'F and cook 1-2 more minutes to get the skin extra crispy (be careful not to burn the seasoning)
- While the wings are cooking, add the hot sauce and ghee (or butter) to a small saucepan and heat until the ghee is melted and the sauce is warmed through. Set aside
- When the wings are cooked add to a large bowl and toss with the buffalo sauceServe with your favorite dressing and enjoy!