These crispy lemon pepper wings are baked in the oven and loaded with beautiful lemon flavor. They get crisped up in the oven with lemon pepper seasoning and then tossed in a lemony sauce right before serving. You will want these wings for every party, they are so dang delicious!
*Originally published 10/18; updated 1/20
I love wings, but sometimes I want something different than buffalo or BBQ. These lemon pepper wings are so simple to make and they have such a bright flavor that I absolutely love. I use split wings for this recipe and I like to buy mine fresh at Sprouts. I have also bought frozen and thawed them overnight in the fridge before cooking.
Then I use a mix of lemon pepper seasoning and salt to coat the wings before they crisp up in the oven. Once they are beautiful and golden brown, I pull them out of the oven and toss them with a lovely sauce made with melted ghee, lemon juice, lemon zest and parsley. They disappear so fast every time I make them.
Chicken wings are best served fresh, but if you have some leftover and want to reheat them, I suggest reheating in the oven. These crispy lemon pepper chicken wings are absolutely delicious on their own, but they are also super yummy with Tessemae’s ranch dressing!
Used in This Recipe:
You might also like:
Save to Pinterest!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil
- 2 lbs Fresh Chicken Wings split
- 2 Tbls Lemon Pepper Seasoning salt-free
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon zested & juiced
- 2 Tbls Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tbls Ghee
- Preheat oven to 425'
- In a large bowl, toss the wings with avocado oil and lemon pepper seasoning and salt. Spread out on a parchement lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes turning halfway through
- Turn the oven to broil on high and broil for 5 minutes and then flip, broil another 5-10 minutes or until chicken is nice and brown and crispy on the outside
- When the wings are done baking, set aside and melt the ghee in a small sauce pan over low heat and stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley
- Add the cooked wings into a large bowl and toss with the melted ghee mixture. Enjoy right away