August is the best month to get Palisade peaches (it’s also my birthday month – just sayin’). Palisade is a town in Colorado known for its peach orchards and they produce my FAVORITE peaches. Every August I look forward to the little stand in my town that sells them on the side of the road. This year I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them and this Paleo Peach & Blueberry Crisp is one of the best things that I have ever made.
This crisp is very simple to make, but tastes unbelievably delicious. I love the combination of the peaches with the blueberries, a perfect blend of sweet and tangy. I toss the fruit in tapioca starch so that the juices from the fruit make a beautiful syrup when they bake. It’s divine.
The topping for the crisp comes together in just a few minutes in the food processor. Most crisps call for all-purpose flour, but my daughter and I are gluten free. My favorite replacement is Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to1 flour. I use it in almost all of my baking recipes and I am never disappointed. For sweetener in this recipe, I used coconut sugar. It is unrefined and has a very similar taste to brown sugar.
This recipe is completely dairy free so we love to serve it with coconut whipped cream or our favorite dairy free ice cream. PS Nada Moo is our favorite and their Organic Vanilla Bean is perfect for this crisp.
How Do I Store The Leftovers?
My first answer is that leftovers are highly unlikely lol (especially if you are like our family).
Second answer (if you are a weirdo) is that you can store it in an airtight container on the counter for up to a day. After that, I would store it in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
How Do I reheat it?
You can reheat it in the oven at 350′ for 3-5 minutes or pop it in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. OR eat it right out of the container because it is so good that you just can’t wait.
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Gluten Free Peach & Blueberry Crisp
- 5 Peaches sliced
- 1 pint Blueberries
- 2 Tbls Tapioca Starch
- 2 Tbls Sugar
- 1 Tbls Lemon Zest
- Preheat the oven to 350' and grease your cast iron skillet with a little coconut oil or avocado oil spray
- Add the sliced peaches, blueberries, tapioca starch, sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl and mix together until the fruit is fully coated. Add mixture into the skillet and spread into an even layer
- Add the gluten free flour, oats, coconut sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and salt into the food processor. Pulse until combined, then add in the butter and vanilla extract and pulse again to combine
- Add 1 Tbls of cold water to the mixture and pulse to combine. Mixture should be like wet sand (not too wet) You can a little more water if needed. Put the mixture evenly on top of the fruit in the skillet. Bake for 25-35 minutes. Topping should be nicely browned and crisped on the top
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Top with coconut whipped cream or dairy free ice cream and enjoy!