This Peach and Blueberry Crisp is the perfect summer dessert. Fresh, in-season peaches are one of my all time favorite fruits and this crisp is a fantastic way to enjoy them. The topping is a flavorful, crunchy addition that is perfect with these juicy summer fruits.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This dessert is an easy-to-make crowd pleaser that is sure to be a hit for any summer get together. You don’t need a lot of ingredients and it is not overly sweet. Juicy fruit, crisp topping and vanilla ice cream on top, what is not to love?
What You Need
- Fresh Peaches – can use frozen if peaches are not in season
- Fresh Blueberries – can use frozen
- Lemon Zest and Juice
- Granulated Sugar
- Tapioca Starch – can also use cornstarch
- Gluten Free All Purpose Flour – can use regular all purpose flour if you do not need to keep this GF
- Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- Coconut Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Make Peach and Blueberry Crisp
The first step in this recipe is to get the fruit mixed together with the granulated sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and tapioca starch. This is what will help pull the juices out of the fruit to create a delicious sauce while it is baking!
The topping comes together quickly and easily in the food processor. You just pulse the dry ingredients together to combine and then add in the butter and vanilla extract and pulse together again. The mixture should resemble wet sand when you squeeze it together with your fingers. You may have to add 1-2 Tbls of cold water to the mixture to get this consistency.
After that, it is as easy as layering together in a cast iron skillet or baking dish and baking in the oven! We love to enjoy it while it is still nice and warm with vanilla bean ice cream on top. It is absolute perfection 🙂
You Might Also Like
- The BEST Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten Free Apple and Pear Crisp
- Gluten Free Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies
- The Best Gluten Free Monster Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Gluten Free Peach and Blueberry Crisp
- 5 Peaches sliced
- 1 pint Blueberries
- 2 Tbls Tapioca Starch
- 2 Tbls Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbls Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350' and grease your cast iron skillet with a little coconut oil or butter
- Add the sliced peaches, blueberries, tapioca starch, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a large bowl and mix together until the fruit is fully coated. Add mixture into the skillet and spread into an even layer
- Add the gluten free flour, oats, coconut sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and salt into the food processor. Pulse until combined, then add in the butter and vanilla extract and pulse again to combine
- Add 1 Tbls of cold water to the mixture and pulse to combine. Mixture should be like wet sand (not too wet) You can a little more water if needed. Put the mixture evenly on top of the fruit in the skillet. Bake for 25-35 minutes. Topping should be nicely browned and crisped on the top
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Top with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!