Instant Pot ‘Cheesy’ Chicken and Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot ‘Cheesy’ Chicken and Spaghetti Squash is an easy to make weeknight dinner. This Whole30 Instant Pot dinner is made with under 10 ingredients.
Get ready to make my brand new recipe for your dinner that’s going to become your family’s favorite! Hey, I’m Ana, the food blogger behind Ana Ankeny – Healthy Recipes. So excited to be sharing a new recipe with you all here on Sara’s blog! I love being in the kitchen creating new meals to share on the blog! I am a food blogger, powerlifter, and mom to 4 young boys. Together with my husband, we are learning to love life and dream big with this family of ours. I share all about our daily meals, workouts, life dreams, daily antics from my red-headed spirited 3 year old, and simply our day-to-day life on Instagram. And on my food blog I share new recipes 2-3 times a week, with all recipes being dairy-free & gluten-free (with a hefty dose of Paleo & Whole30!). I hope you enjoy this brand new recipe I’m sharing today…
There are so many things that I love about this Instant Pot ‘Cheesy’ Chicken and Spaghetti Squash dinner. #1 It’s a perfectly balanced meal. With the spaghetti squash and broccoli bringing in the carbs, and the chicken adding a nice amount of lean protein, and the avocado oil adding a small amount of healthy fat, this dinner is a perfectly balanced meal.
#2 Using the Instant Pot makes this dinner in about ½ the time than when it’s baked in the oven. The ease of tossing the entire spaghetti squash in to cook just freed up so much time and creates less mess in the kitchen with using the Instant Pot for the entire meal.
#3 Who misses that cheesy flavor during a Whole30 OR if you need to be dairy-free? As much as I try not to recreate ‘off-limits’ foods, this dish just NEEDED a little cheese taste to make it perfect. Adding a few tablespoons of nutritional yeast did the trick! A little cheesy taste without the dairy!
CAN I USE FROZEN CHICKEN?
Frozen chicken can definitely be used in this recipe. Cut the frozen chicken into bite size pieces on a cutting board, add them to the warm oil in the Instant Pot and cook for 5-7 minutes. Turn them over and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
Instant Pot 'Cheesy' Chicken and Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Spaghetti Squash medium
- 6 Chicken Tenders or 2 chicken breasts
- 3 cups Broccoli fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbls Avocado Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Course Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Tbls Nutritional Yeast
- Wash and dry the spaghetti squash. Using a sharp knife pierce the skin of the squash 20-30 times. For a small squash, I put in about 20 knife slits. Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot, place the squash on the trivet, then add 2 cups of water. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to ‘seal’. Press the ‘Pressure Cook’ button and manually adjust the time to 32 minutes.
- Once the 32 minutes are up, turn the valve to release the pressure (Caution, this will be HOT!). When the pressure button has dropped, remove the lid. Carefully remove the squash from the Instant Pot and place it on a cutting board. Cut the squash in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds and discard them. Using a fork, remove the flesh from the squash and set aside.
- Remove the extra water and the trivet from the Instant Pot. Press the ‘Saute’ mode and manually adjust time to 18 minutes. Add the avocado oil and the minced garlic to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Let it heat up, then add the chicken tenders. Let cook for 5-7 minutes, then using tongs turn the chicken over. Let cook for another 5-7 minutes. Using the tongs break the chicken up into small bite size pieces.
- Add the broccoli to the chicken and let cook for 2-3 minutes or until it’s bright green. Add the shredded spaghetti squash ‘noodles’, all spices, and nutritional yeast. Stir together. Let cook for 5 minutes. Then serve.
You Might Also Like:
Whole30 Instant Pot Chicken & Veggies with Gravy
Instant Pot Sloppy Joe Stuffed Sweet Potatoes