These Grilled Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Bowls are quick, easy and absolutely delicious! With minimal ingredients, you can have a healthy flavor packed meal that the whole family will love.
Why You Will Love these Grilled Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Bowls
Our family makes this dish at least once a month, if not more. We love it because it is so easy to throw together and it is a meal that the whole family enjoys. You will love how with just a few ingredients, you can make a recipe that is both good for you and loaded with flavor.
What You Need
- Chicken thighs – I love to use thighs for added flavor and they stay juicy but can also use chicken breasts
- Fresh pineapple – I personally feel that you get the best flavor from fresh pineapple but you can absolutely use canned if you can’t find fresh or if it’s not in season
- Rice – we love to use white rice for these bowls but you can use so many things as the base like cauliflower rice, quinoa, brown rice, or really any grain you prefer
- Teriyaki marinade – to keep this recipe super easy and quick, I use a store-bought marinade. I love Kinders the best, but also use G Hughes for sugar free and Primal Kitchen. You can use your favorite
- Salt and pepper
- Edamame – I love edamame because it adds a great boost of protein but my family also loves this dish with roasted broccoli, sautéed cabbage or green beans. You can use whatever veggie you and your family enjoys the most
Yes! You can use a cast iron skillet instead but it will take a little longer and you will not get the grill marks or grill flavor.
Yes, absolutely but the cook time will change for chicken breast.
I highly recommend buying a meat thermometer, it is the best way to ensure that your chicken is cooked to the proper temperature without it getting dry or overcooked.
You Might Also Like
- Spicy Pineapple Chicken – Whole30
- Healthy Sweet & Spicy Chicken Meatballs
- Healthy Greek Chicken Salad
- The Best Baked Chicken Thighs
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Bowls
- The first step is to marinate the boneless skinless chicken thighs. First trim any excess fat from the thighs and then add them to a large bowl. Pour over 1.5 cups of the teriyaki sauce and toss to coatCover with cling wrap and set in the refrigerator for at least an hour – but can even be done overnight (they will have more flavor the longer they marinate)
- To cook the rice – I like to do this before I cook the chicken, add 4 cups water to a medium saucepan with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 Tbls of butterBring to a boil and then add 2 cups of rice, cover with lid, reduce to a simmer and cook for 18 minutesOnce done, remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Season to taste
- When ready to grill, preheat your grill to medium/high heat (about 500 degrees) Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and pat off the excess marinade from the chicken with a paper towel (discard marinade)Season both sides with salt and pepper
- Grill for 6-8 minutes per side (with grill lid closed) or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit Remove from grill and let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving
- Cut off the skin of the pineapple and cut into thick round slicesBrush them with a little bit of avocado oil on both sidesGrill the pineapple for 3-4 minutes per side and set aside
- Once the pineapple is cool, cut into chunks, leaving the core behind
- Cook the edamame per package instructions and season with salt and pepper
- Once everything is cooked, assemble your bowlsLayer with rice, sliced chicken thighs and edamameDrizzle with remaining teriyaki sauce and top with sesame seeds