Pesto and potatoes are two of my favorite things, and together they are magical. This pesto potato salad is good warm or cold and is the perfect side dish for any meal.
I use my favorite baby gold potatoes for this recipe, they are so buttery and delicious. You could also use cubed russet potatoes, baby red potatoes or even fingerlings. But trust me, use the baby golds if you can find them.
There are so many more Whole30 compliant options for bacon now, it’s awesome! Some of my favorites are Garrett Valley, Pederson’s Farms and now even Applegate sells a complaint version now. Just be sure to check your labels. If you are not doing a round of Whole30, there are a lot of great options that only have a small amount of sugar.
I use my Spinach, Arugula & Walnut Pesto for this salad and it is so good. I eat this pesto with a spoon because I love it so much. You could also use a store-bought pesto, but it can be hard to find one that is dairy free. Plus this one is freaking delicious and comes together in the food processor in no time at all.
I love the fresh tomatoes in this salad because it just adds a pop of acid. You could also lightly sauté them in the bacon fat if you prefer them cooked. I layer the potato salad over leftover arugula from making the pesto, it adds another layer of freshness and also flavor. Arugula has a peppery bite that I just love. This salad is actually hearty enough to be a meal on its own. I like to enjoy it for lunch the next day.
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Pesto Potato Salad with Tomatoes & Bacon
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1.5 lbs Baby Gold Potatoes halved
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup Pesto
- 1 cup Arugula
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until it is completely cooked through and then set aside
- Bring about 4 cups of salted water to a boil and add in the potatoes, let boil until fork tender (about 10 minutes) and then drain
- Add the warm, drained potatoes to a large bowl and add the pesto and toss together. Then add in the tomatoes, chopped bacon and salt. Toss to combine and serve over fresh arugula