The first time that I had a fresh green bean was when my mother in law came to visit us in Monterey, CA when my husband and I were first married. She taught me how to snap the ends off and cook them with some butter, salt and pepper. I just fell in love. To this day, I think they are my favorite veggie. These pan roasted green beans with cherry tomatoes are a beautiful side dish at any meal or even eat it as a salad for lunch. Either way it is light, refreshing and delicious.
To me the bacon is one of the key ingredients. Why? Because it’s bacon, duh. But seriously, it lays the foundation for this beautiful dish. The green beans and tomatoes cook in some of the rendered fat from the bacon for an extra layer of flavor. Then the lemon and basil just brighten the whole thing up!
I used a container of gorgeous organic cherry tomatoes that I found at Sam’s Club. They were all different colors and just made this dish so stunning. But you can use whatever cherry tomatoes you want or can find. My daughter loved trying all the different colors of tomatoes to see if they tasted different 🙂
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Pan Roasted Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 slices Bacon
- 2 cups Green Beans Fresh, trimmed
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 Lemon (juice)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbls Basil
- Cook the bacon until done and set it aside. Remove all but 1 Tbls of the bacon fat from the pan and add in the green beans on medium heat. Cook just until they are starting to get tender
- Add in the cherry tomatoes,garlic, salt and pepper. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes, just until the tomatoes start to get a little char on the outside
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir to combine
- Top with chopped bacon and basil