This easy sausage & pepper pasta skillet has become one of our favorite quick weeknight meals. It takes less than 30 minutes and is packed with flavor. You will want this gluten and dairy free meal on your menu this week, it is so good!
Our favorite gluten free pasta is Jovial. It is a brown rice pasta and it holds up really well unlike some other gluten free pastas that turn to mush. I order it from Thrive Market, but it is also available in many grocery stores. I used andouille sausage in this recipe to get a little extra flavor, but you can also your favorite smoked sausage too.
The sauce for this dish is so simple to make and comes together in minutes. All you need is onion, peppers, garlic and a can of diced fire roasted tomatoes. It is the perfect amount of sauce to coat the pasta and add flavor without being too heavy. My kids and husband love this dish so much and I know you will too!
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Easy Sausage & Pepper Pasta Skillet
- 1 box Gluten Free Brown Rice Pasta I use Jovial
- 16 oz Andouille Sausage sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper seeded & diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper seeded & diced
- 1 can Fire Roasted Tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbls Fresh Parsley
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions and set aside
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the sausage for 5 minutes and remove from the pan. Add in the onion, peppers, and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes and then add in the can of fire roasted tomatoes. Let simmer for 5 minutes and then stir in the cooked pasta and sausage. Season with salt and pepper and top with fresh parsley