Creamy ‘Cheesy’ Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts
These cheesy Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts are my new favorite side dish. They are so creamy and decadent, but Paleo and Whole30! Pair these sprouts with a beautifully seared steak and you have an amazing steakhouse dinner in the comfort of your own home.
The best part about this recipe is that it is made entirely in the Instant Pot and in less than 10 minutes! I use the ‘saute’ function to cook the bacon first and then set that aside for later. Then the halved brussels sprouts, chicken broth, ghee, garlic, salt, pepper flakes, coconut cream and nutritional yeast get added in. This gets cooked on high pressure for only 2 minutes and then a quick release.
Once the timer goes off, you stir in a tapioca/water slurry to thicken up the ‘cheesy’ sauce and add in the cooked bacon and squeeze of lemon to bring it all together. The ‘cheese’ flavor comes from the nutritional yeast. It really helps bring this creamy sauce to life. The coconut cream is the base of the sauce. If you can’t find a can of coconut cream, you can use a can of coconut milk and just use the thick white portion of the milk.
These cheesy Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts are sure to be your new favorite side dish. They are perfect with any protein (try my IP Pork Tenderloin) and so delicious!
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
The Best Ever Cauliflower Mash
Roasted Radishes with Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
The Best Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Creamy Cheesy Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts
- 3 strips Bacon
- 2 lbs Brussels Sprouts halved
- 2 Tbls Ghee
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes or black pepper
- 1 Tbls Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbls Tapioca Starch
- Using kitchen shears, cut the bacon into pieces. Turn the Instant Pot to saute mode and saute the bacon until cooked, use slotted spoon to remove bacon and set aside. Turn off saute function
- Add the halved brussels sprouts, chicken broth, ghee, coconut cream, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and nutritional yeast. Stir to combine and close the lid. Seal steam valve and set to high pressure for 2 minutes. When timer goes off, do a quick release of the steam
- Mix the tapioca starch with 1 Tbls of room temp water and add into the Instant Pot. Stir to thicken the sauce. Add in the bacon and the juice of half of a lemon and enjoy!
This recipe is excellent and so simple. Thank you!
So glad you enjoyed it Kay!