This tomato and zucchini pasta is so fresh and delicious. It is perfect for summertime when tomatoes and zucchini are abundant. This recipe is super simple but has tons of flavor and it can be easily customized to your diet. My family loves this dish, I hope you all love it too!
What You Need:
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- Shrimp – I get wild caught shrimp from ButcherBox
- Lemons – juice & zest
- Olive Oil
- Pasta – I used Barilla Protein Pasta
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder
- Parmesan (optional)
I have been making variations of this pasta for years. My daughter loves it and asks for it all the time. I love it because it is really easy to pull together and is a lighter, healthier pasta dish. There is no ‘sauce’ per se, it is really just lightly cooked tomatoes, lemon juice (and zest) and olive oil but the flavor is unbelievable.
You also get flavor from the shrimp, sautéed zucchini and garlic. Personally, I use loads of garlic lol, but you modify it to your preferences. It all comes together to be such a lovely meal. You can’t really go wrong with this one.
Ways to Customize your Tomato and Zucchini Pasta:
- Pasta – I used protein pasta but you can also use gluten free pasta, any regular pasta, hearts of palm noodles, or even zucchini noodles! This recipe can be made Whole30 and low carb by using hearts of palm or zoodles.
- Protein – chicken would also be great in this dish! Or leave the meat out altogether for a nice vegetarian option.
- Veggies – you can add whatever veggies you like, asparagus would be lovely in this!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
You Might Also Like:
- Gluten Free Italian Pasta Salad
- Healthy Greek Chicken Salad
- Low Carb Turkey Taco Salad
- Whole30 Creamy Lemon Basil Chicken
Tomato and Zucchini Pasta with Shrimp
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes or grape (halved)
- 1 Large Zucchini or 2 small (sliced into half rounds)
- 1 lb Shrimp peeled & deveined
- 14 oz Pasta I used Barilla protein pasta
- 2 Tbls Fresh Basil
- 2 Tbls Lemon Zest
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 Tbls Olive Oil (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan optional
- Get your pasta cooking according to package instructions
- Pat your shrimp dry with paper towel and season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder Heat 1 Tbls of olive oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat and cook the shrimp for 3 minutes a sideRemove from pan and set aside
- Reduce heat to medium and add in 1 Tbls of olive oil Add in the zucchini (cut into half rounds) and sauté for 3 minutes Then add in the halved tomatoes and minced garlic and cook another 3-4 minutes (until the tomatoes just start to burst) turn off heat Season the veggies with salt and pepper to taste
- Add 2 Tbls of the olive oil to a large bowl with the lemon juice and zest, whisk to combine and toss with the cooked and drained pastaStir in the shrimp and sautéed veggies (taste for seasoning) add salt and pepper if neededTop with fresh basil and parmesan and enjoy!