I love a good stir-fry. They are so easy to throw together, but they have so much flavor. It's my favorite meal to make when I have veggies I need to use up. We eat it on it's own or serve it over rice (regular or cauliflower) for a delicious and easy weeknight meal.
*Recipe, Photos & Post Updated 6/25/19
Shrimp is my favorite protein to use in a stir-fry because it literally cooks in minutes. I cook the shrimp first, set it aside so it doesn't overcook (shrimp can get rubbery) and then add in all the veggies. The ginger and garlic add the perfect Asian flavor. They combine with the coconut aminos to make a lovely sauce. When I am not doing a round of Whole30, I also like to use some Tamari (gluten free soy sauce).
To keep this low carb and Whole30, I eat it over cauliflower rice. I guess I should say low-er carb, because it has quite a few veggies in it. I choose to eat my carbs in high fiber veggies. But to cut out some of the carbs, you could leave out the carrots and use broccoli instead of snow peas.
Used in this Recipe:
More Recipes You Will Love:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Easy Shrimp Stir Fry
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil or oil of choice
- 1.5 lb Shrimp raw, peeled, deveined
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbls Sesame Oil
- 1 Green Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- 1 pint Mushrooms sliced
- 2 Carrots cut into matchsticks
- 2 Tbls Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbls Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger minced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tbls Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbls Green Onions
- Toss the shrimp in the salt and pepper flakes, then heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add in the seasoned shrimp and cook until light pink in color (3-5 minutes) and set aside
- Add in the sesame oil and all of the veggies (except ginger and garlic) cook for 5-7 minutes until the veggeis are a little tender but still have bite to them. Then add in the ginger, garlic, rice vinegar and coconut aminos. Let cook another 2-3 minutes and stir in the shrimp. Season with salt if needed
- Remove from heat, top with sesame seeds and green onions