Abby and I both love chocolate and peppermint. She was over the moon exited when I made her my dairy free peppermint hot chocolate, so I knew I had to make her some fudge too. This dairy free peppermint fudge is sooooo easy to make! It only calls for a handful of ingredients and you don’t have to bake it.
I have tried making dairy free fudge multiple ways and it can be difficult to get that perfect texture. For this recipe I used marshmallows mixed with the chocolate and it worked so well! My family loved it so much. The peppermint flavor comes from peppermint extract. I also crushed up some candy canes to go on top (my three year old loved helping smashing them).
This recipe calls for ghee which is lactose free, but if you can also use coconut oil. The fat helps give that incredible fudgy texture. In terms of the sweetness, the marshmallows and chocolate are sweet on their own but I did add a little bit of maple syrup too. You can taste it before you add the maple syrup if you don’t like things too sweet. You can also use a dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet if you prefer.
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Easy Dairy Free Peppermint Fudge
- 15 oz Chocolate Chips I use Enjoy Life for GF & DF
- 10 oz Marshmallows I use Dandies for GF & DF
- 3 Tbls Ghee or coconut oil
- 1 Tbls Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Crushed Candy Canes optional
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper
- Add the chocolate, marshmallows & ghee (or oil) to a medium saucepan and turn to low heat. Use rubber spatula to stir continually until fully melted and combined then remove from heat
- Stir in the maple syrup and peppermint extract and pour into the lined baking dish. Top with crushed cany canes if using and let cool on the counter for 15 minutes and transfer to the fridgeLet set in the fridge for at least an hour, then use sharp knife to cut into squaresStore in an airtight container in the fridge