This dairy free peppermint hot chocolate is so creamy and decadent. It is the perfect warm and comforting drink for a chilly winter evening. So put on some Christmas music and settle in by the fire to enjoy this perfect dairy free treat.
This peppermint hot chocolate comes together on the stove top in no time at all. It is so easy, but so rich and flavorful. For the base of the drink, I use a combination of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and coconut milk. I love the richness that the coconut milk brings and the almond milk helps balance out the flavor.
The rich chocolate flavor comes from both unsweetened cocoa powder and dairy free chocolate. It brings just the right amount of chocolatey goodness. The addition of actual chocolate chips/chunks also makes it thick and insanely decadent, like a cross between a drink and a dessert.
This would not be peppermint hot chocolate without the peppermint! Nutpods has quickly become my absolute favorite creamer to use in my coffee, but it also adds the perfect flavor in this hot chocolate. A splash of the Peppermint Mocha and some peppermint extract and you have the ultimate holiday drink!
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Dairy Free Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup Coconut Milk full fat
- 1/4 cup Unsweetend Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 2 Tbls Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbls Peppermint Mocha Nutpods
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium saucepan and heat over medium/low. Stir continuously as the chocolate melts. Continue until chocolate is completely melted and it is heated to desired temp (add a little more almond milk or nutpods if you want a thinner consisitency)
- Top with coconut whipped cream or frothed Peppermint Mocha Nutpods