I am a huge fan of quick and easy breakfasts, especially during the school year. These egg cups are so easy to throw together and more importantly, easy to grab on your way out the door in the morning. They are packed with flavor and heat up really well.
Another great thing about these egg cups is that you can customize them to your preferences. When I am doing a Whole 30, I use coconut milk and leave out the cheese. To make them spicy, leave in the jalapeno, pepper flakes and hot sauce. Be creative and use what you have in your fridge.
These are perfect for your weekly meal prep. I like to put them in a container over spinach and cilantro with a side of fresh pico de gallo or my favorite jarred salsa. It is such a delicious and flavorful way to enjoy a breakfast on the go.
Recipe Tips –
- Use Avocado Oil Spray to grease your tins
- Make the egg mixture in a large glass measuring cup so you can easily pour it into the tins
- Place the mini muffin tins on a large rimmed baking sheet in case the egg mixture spills over at all
- Use a butter knife to loosen the edges of the egg cups before removing
More Recipes You Will Love:
*This post contains affiliate links that help keep The Bettered Blondie up and running. When you make a purchase using one of these links, I make a small commission. It does not add any additional cost to you.
Southwestern Egg Cups - Meal Prep
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Green Onions
- 1/2 Jalapeno optional
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk or cream
- 2 dashes Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 350'
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the bell peppers, green onions and jalapeno and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then turn the heat to medium/high and add in the ground beef and seasonings. Cook until ground beef is cooked through
- In a large glass measuring cup whisk the eggs, coconut milk and hot sauce until well combined
- Spray or grease your mini muffin tins and spoon some of the meat mixture into the bottom of each spot in the tin. Then carefully pour the egg mixture over the meat mixture until almost full. Sprinkle cheese on top of each one (if using)
- Set the tin(s) on top of a rimmed baking sheet in case there is any spillage and place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes. They should be be baked through but still just slightly jiggly in the center
- Let cool slightly and then remove from the tin