This creamy tomato basil chicken skillet is pure comfort food made healthy. The pancetta adds such a depth of flavor that makes this sauce so decadent. I love to enjoy this chicken over some cauliflower rice to keep it healthy and low carb!
This post is sponsored by Citterio USA. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Before I start cooking, I like to gather all of my ingredients to make things easier. For this recipe you need…
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 4oz pack of Citterio Hot Pancetta Cubetti
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- Crushed tomatoes
- Cream (we use dairy free in our house)
- Yellow Onion
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the Citterio Hot Pancetta Cubetti until slightly browned and use slotted spoon to remove from pan and set aside. Then season the chicken and brown on both sides in the same pan and set that aside
Add in the onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes (stir so the garlic doesn’t burn) then add in the crushed tomatoes, pancetta, basil, pepper flakes and cream. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Once simmering, put the chicken back in the sauce and cover with lid until chicken is cooked through (about 15 minutes)
Enjoy! I serve mine over cauliflower rice to keep it low carb, but it would also be delicious over fresh pasta
Citterio also has other flavor options in the Cubetti. They have the original and the smoked flavor, these are delicious in this recipe as well! Citterio Pancetta Cubetti is all natural, made from the highest quality imported cuts of lean pork, dry-rubbed with salt and their own recipe of spices. It is also gluten free and dairy free. Click HERE to find where you can buy them.
used in this recipe:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken Skillet
- 1 Tbls Olive Oil
- 4 oz Citterio Hot Pancetta Cubetti
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 cups Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup Basil
- 1 cup Cream dairy free or regular heavy cream
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add in the pancetta. Cook for 3-5 minutes until just browned and use slotted spoon to remove from pan (set aside)
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Turn skillet to medium/high heat and brown chicken for 2 minutes on each side and remove from pan (set aside)
- Turn heat back to medium and add in the onion and garlic, saute for 3 minutes (stir so garlic doesn't burn) then add in the crushed tomatoes, basil, pancetta, pepper flakes and cream (I use dairy-free) Stir together, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmerOnce it is simmering, add the browned chicken breasts back into the sauce and cover with lid. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Chicken should be fully cooked through (165 internal temp)
- Enjoy on its own or serve over cauliflower rice to keep it low carb or fresh pasta if not low carb