“This post has been sponsored by Dairy Farmers of America. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
Burgers are a guaranteed hit with my family, and I am always looking for ways to make our meals more wholesome. A slider bar with all the best toppings was the perfect way to let my kids be involved with making dinner. Cache Valley® Creamery cheeses are new to our local Denver Safeway, and I am so happy to have a wholesome cheese with minimal ingredients to add to our sliders! We got the Cache Valley® Pepperjack, Swiss and Cheddar to have lots of options for the family.
Using sweet potatoes as the buns is the perfect way to keep these wholesome but still absolutely delicious. I look for large, round sweet potatoes at the grocery store that will make good sized 'buns' for the slider. I like to leave the skin on, so I give them a good scrub, dry them off, and then use a sharp knife to slice them into thick rounds. Then, you drizzle some olive oil, salt, and pepper over them before you roast them in the oven. They are so easy and work just like a bun!
For the slider patties, I keep it pretty simple but still flavorful. I cook the bacon in a skillet first, and then set it aside for later. I leave a little of the remaining rendered fat in the pan to cook the burgers in. This adds so much flavor and gives the burgers a nice crust on the outside. They are seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder for the perfect blend.
The fun part is getting all the toppings ready; this is the task that the kids loved helping me with. I used a large platter to lay out the bacon, burger patties, sweet potato buns and all the toppings we could think of! We wanted to make these BBQ sliders, so we picked our favorite sauce and put that in a cute little serving cup. Then, we added all the fresh toppings and most importantly—the CHEESE.
Cache Valley® Creamery is a company that is dedicated to their communities and families, and it shows through their products. They use natural and wholesome ingredients that make real cheese the focus. I am so excited that they are now available in my local Safeway. I used the Safeway coupon app to find the best deals, and the Cache Valley® cheeses were easy to find right in the dairy aisle. I am looking forward to trying more of their products in my recipes, like their mozzarella shreds!
BBQ Bacon Sliders with Sweet Potato Buns
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1 Sweet Potato Large
- 1 Tbls Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 6 slices Cheese Cache Valley Creamery
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tomato sliced
- ¼ Red Onion sliced
- 6 Small Dill Pickles
- ¼ Head of Lettuce
- Preheat oven to 425'
- Wash the outside of the sweet potato and dry. Slice into thick rounds and coat with olive oil and salt and pepper. Lay out on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment and bake for 5-8 minutes on each side
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and ¼ tsp garlic powder and then form into 6-8 small patties
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crispy and set aside. Reserve 1 Tbls of the fat in the pan and cook the sliders for 3-5 minutes on each side (or until preferred doneness is achieved)
- Once the sliders and sweet potatoes are done, assemble the toppings on a platter and let people assemble their own sliders!