Easy Shredded Chicken Salad
Easy shredded chicken salad is perfect for your weekly meal prep. It is a delicious and healthy low carb option that does not disappoint!
Servings 6 servings
- 3 cups Shredded Chicken*
- 3/4 cup Mayo I love Primal Kitchen
- 2 Tbls Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbls Lemon Juice about 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 stalk Celery diced
- 4 Green Onions chopped
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
In a large bowl, combine the mayo, chicken broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Use whisk to mix together
Add in the remaing ingredients and mix together
Taste it and add more salt and pepper if needed. Can also add more mayo or broth (1 Tbls at a time) if you want it cremier
What Shredded Chicken do i use?
There are a few options here. I love to buy a rotisserie chicken and shred that up to make my life even easier OR I just learned how to cook a whole chicken in the Instant Pot and it worked perfectly! Here's what I did....
- Season a whole chicken (about 3lbs) with your favorite blend. I love Paleo Powder
- Place trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and and pour in 1.5 cups of chicken broth or water
- Set the whole chicken on the trivet and add in a lemon (halved)
- I used high pressure for 25 minutes and then I let it slow release for 10. It was so tender and easy to shred and loaded with flavor!
- You can use two forks to shred the meat (remove skin first) or I toss the bigger chunks of chicken in a large bowl and use my hand mixer for only a few seconds and it shreds almost instantly
What If my chicken salad dries out a little in the fridge?
- Add in a little more mayo
- Add in some chicken broth 1 Tbls at a time
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice in
How do I serve it?
- To keep it low carb, I like to enjoy it over some fresh greens as a salad! It is so yummy
- My husband loves to eat it in on some toasted bread with tomato slices
- Or eat it out of the container with a fork because it is so dang delicious ;)
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 23g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g