Paleo, Whole30, GF, DF
Do you meal prep? I don't very often but when I make a dish like this one, it makes me want to do it more. I don't like eating the same boring soggy vegetables over and over again, I don't think anybody does. These sesame ginger chicken meal prep bowls show you how to do it up right! Crunchy veggies, flavorful chicken, fluffy cauliflower rice, yes please!
I used Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger dressing/marinade for this recipe (because it's amazing) but you can make your own marinade at home too.
To Make Your Own Marinade:
- Combine ¼ cup Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbls grated ginger
- 1 Tbls grated garlic,
- Juice of ½ an orange
- 2 Tbls Coconut Aminos in a bowl
You can grill the chicken, but we live in an apartment so my favorite way to cook meat is in my cast iron skillet . It still gives you that caramelized flavor because it retains heat so well. When you take out the chicken, you can cook the cauliflower rice in the same pan to use up all those delicious flavors. You can also switch it up by using brown or white rice.
More Recipes You Will Love:
These glass meal prep containers are awesome, they are BPA free and even have compartments!
*This post contains affiliate links that help keep The Bettered Blondie up and running. When you make a purchase using one of these links, I make a small commission. It does not add any additional cost to you.
Sesame Ginger Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cooking. (if using Primal Kitchen, add the juice of half an orange)
- Heat your skillet over medium/high heat and add avocado oil. Take chicken out of the marinade, pat dry and season both sides with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 7-10 minutes per side or until completely cooked through.
- Take chicken out of the pan and set aside to rest. Turn the heat to medium/low, add a little more oil if needed and then cook the onion and garlic for two minutes.
- Add in the cauliflower rice and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the bowls, put in cooled cauliflower rice in first and top with green onions. Then sliced chicken, top with sesame seeds. Then carrot sticks and snow peas. Add a slice of orange on top.
- Make sure bowls are cooled completely before storing in the fridge.