Depression and anxiety are things that I have struggled with for most of my life. Reading Scripture and listening to worship are two things that have helped me tremendously. Since we are all walking through uncertain times at the moment, I wanted to share some of my favorite verses with you.
I would also like to take the opportunity to spend some time in prayer over you. Please leave your prayer request in the comments. You can just say ‘please pray’ if you don’t want to leave anything specific. I love this community and I am so grateful for each and every one of you.
Scripture Verses for fear & Worry
- Psalm 27:13-14 – I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord, be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart; wait I say on the Lord!
- Isaiah 43:1-3 – Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name, you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you. And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you.
- Isaiah 58:11 – The Lord will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.
- Philippians 3:6-7 – Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
I also love to listen to Elevation Worship on YouTube or my Hymns channel on Pandora. Listening to instrumental music while I meditate on God’s Word also brings me so much peace and joy. If you are struggling, I encourage you to evaluate the things you are doing that rob you of peace and replace them with things that restore your soul instead. It might even include setting boundaries with people in your life or turning off social media. Pray for direction and wisdom in these areas.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.