Hello Loves, I had weight loss surgery at then end of April (2022), specifically a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. These are my must-haves that have helped me get through this journey. I have lost 105 pounds so far and feel better than I have in a very long time. If you want to read more about my story, I have a series of posts HERE.
*I am writing this based on my personal experience, this is not medical advice.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Weight Loss Surgery Must-Haves
- Soft Blanket – I need a soft blanket at all times, but it was especially helpful to have while I was recovering from surgery. This one from Amazon is so stinking soft and is much more affordable than some of the name brands. I have washed it many times and it is just as soft as when I first bought it.
- Comfortable Pajamas – You don’t want to wear anything that is restrictive after surgery, so I love a soft button up nightgown. so comfortable and easy to sleep in.
- Comfy Slippers – I found it helpful to have comfortable house slippers with tread on them for recovery.
- Water Bottle – Most surgeons don’t recommend using a straw right after surgery, so I honestly just sipped from a cup until I was approved to use a straw and then I switched to my favorite Simple Modern Tumbler. I have more than one and I love them so much.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons – so helpful for measuring out your serving sizes, this helps you get more accurate information for tracking your food.
- Food Scale – again, this is important for making sure you are accurately tracking your food, especially protein.
- Weight Scale – Obviously you will want an accurate scale to be able to track your progress as you go, this one from Amazon has great reviews.
- Food Storage Containers
- Blender – I use both my Vitamix blender or my personal blender from the Beautiful collection at Walmart. They come in handy for protein shakes and purees.
- Electrolytes – it can be so hard to stay hydrated and replenish all your electrolytes after surgery, so I love adding Ultima to my water bottles. It is sugar free and so yummy!
- Pill Organizer – this comes in handy to help you keep track of all your vitamins and supplements
- Protein Bars – this will depend on what phase you are in after surgery, but the Built Puffs have been a huge lifesaver for me after surgery. I enjoy one everyday to get a boost of protein and enjoy a treat. Use code TBB10 to save 10%
- Unflavored Protein Powder – I used this unflavored protein so much when I first had surgery because I could blend/stir it into almost anything to get an added boost of protein.