It can be so difficult to stick to a grocery budget while trying to eat healthy. The biggest thing that helps me is to plan out our week ahead of time. I plan for breakfast and dinner, and lunches are either leftovers or something super simple (think sandwich or salad). I wanted to start sharing my meal plans to help you too!
My goal is to share delicious recipes, but also meals that are easy, family-friendly and inexpensive (and of course healthy). These are important things in our household and I know they are for many of you. Enjoy!
*Every recipe is gluten and dairy free or has a dairy free option
Money saving tips
- Both the Breakfast Bake and the Egg in a Bowl use ground turkey, buy a larger pack and split it into two servings
- The Buffalo Chicken Casserole calls for shredded chicken and the Spicy Pineapple Chicken uses cubed chicken thighs. I will buy the large pack of chicken thighs from Sam’s Club or Walmart and cook half in the Instant Pot for shredded chicken and use the rest for the pineapple chicken
- The Beef & Broccoli, Egg Roll in a Bowl and Pineapple Chicken use similar condiments, so you aren’t buying different condiments for each dish
- The Braised Cabbage uses just regular cabbage while I use a cole slaw mix for the Egg Roll in a Bowl. To save some money, you could use leftover cabbage from the braised cabbage for the Egg Roll in a Bowl
- The most expensive protein in this meal plan is the flank steak for the Beef & Broccoli, you could save money by using skirt steak or I like to buy a two-pack of flank steaks when they are on sale at Sam’s Club and then freeze them
Print your grocery list HERE. And please note that I only included the main ingredients for the recipe. Read the recipes and add any other pantry staples that you might not have on hand.
- Curry Chicken Salad
- Chinese Chopped Chicken Salad
- Leftovers (all of these recipes make amazing leftovers)
- Sandwiches – We love Canyon Bakehouse gluten free bread with bacon, avocado and tomato!
- The Best Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies
- Easy Mango Banana Sorbet