Keto, Low Carb, Sugar Free
The holiday season can be a difficult time for those of us trying to stick to our health goals. I works as a nurse and this is the time of year that the nurses station is loaded up with sweet treats. It helps to have options and these keto chocolate peanut butter cups taste just like the real thing! I like to keep them in the freezer for when I need a quick sweet treat.
I used a mini muffin tin to make these and it worked out perfectly, but you could also use individual silicone molds. To keep these keto, you need to keep a couple of things in mind. First, make sure that you buy peanut butter that has only peanuts and salt as the main ingredients. It should not have any added sugar. Creamy cashew butter would also be a great option for these if you have a peanut allergy.
To sweeten the peanut butter mixture, I use the granular Swerve Sweetener. It is my favorite sugar free sweetener to use because it doesn’t add any weird aftertaste and it has better ingredients. For the chocolate, I use Lily’s or ChocZero. I love both of these companies and their products are amazing. Oh and don’t forget the pinch of sea salt on top, it brings all the flavors together perfectly.
These would also be a great option for you to bring to a holiday party! That way you know that there will be a dessert option that you can enjoy.
Used in this Recipe:
More Recipes You Will Love:
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter no sugar added
- 2 Tbls Swerve Sweetener
- 1 cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Flaked Sea Salt
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter and sweetener together until smooth and creamy ( I like to use a hand mixer)
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a glass bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds at a time, stirring each time. Do this until just melted and smooth, don't heat it too much or it will seize up
- Place a small amount of the melted chocolate in the bottom of each spot of the mini muffin tin and then place the tin in the freezer for it to set (3-5 minutes)
- Place a small amount of the peanut butter mixture in the center of the chocolate base and then cover with the remaining chocolate and put a tiny pinch of sea salt on each. Place in the freezer to set again and then use a pairing knife to pop each one out
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer
*This post contains affiliate links that help keep The Bettered Blondie up and running. When you make a purchase using one of these links, I make a small commission. It does not add any additional cost to you.