My daughter goes back to school in two weeks and then soccer practice starts shortly after that. I am already preparing for busy weeknights filled with hungry children (lol). The Instant Pot is one of my favorite ways to get a healthy and delicious meal on the table in a hurry. This Artichoke Chicken & Potatoes was a hit with the whole family and will definitely be on repeat this school season!
One of my favorite things about the Instant Pot is that you can sauté in it too. Yay for less dirty dishes! The first step for this recipe is to sauté the bacon. I use my sharp kitchen shears to cut the bacon into pieces before I cook it. It cooks faster and more evenly this way. I then use a slotted spoon to take out the bacon bits.
I remove all but one tablespoon of the bacon fat and add in a little avocado oil (olive oil works too). After the chicken thighs are seasoned, you cook them skin side down to render some of the fat. This adds so much flavor to the dish. Again. the Instant Pot saves you from having to do this on the stove top!
Once you have all the flavor from the bacon and the chicken, you add in the shallots and garlic. The lemon juice and coconut aminos (soy alternative) help deglaze the bottom of the pot getting up all the flavorful bits! All that’s left to do is layer the rest of the ingredients and cook! You can serve the thighs whole with each dish or shred it off the bone and make it like a stew. Either way is delicious and we gobbled it up!
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Instant Pot Artichoke Chicken & Potatoes
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil or olive oil
- 4-5 Chicken Thighs bone in, skin on
- 1 lb Baby Gold Potatoes halved
- 12 oz Artichoke Hearts frozen or canned (drained) not marinated*
- 1/4 cup Shallots diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Tbls Coconut Aminos
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tsp Salt (divided)
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Use kitchen shears to cut bacon into pieces. Turn Instant Pot to saute mode and add in the bacon. Once bacon is done, use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon and set aside. Remove all but 1 Tbls of bacon fat in the pot
- Season the chicken thighs with 1 tsp of the salt and the remaining seasonings. Add 1 Tbls of avocado oil to the pot and turn turn to saute mode. Cook the chicken skin side down for 2 minutes and flip and cook another 1 minute. Remove from pot and set aside
- Add in the shallot and garlic, cook for 1 minute while stirring. Then add in the juice of 1/2 a lemon and the coconut aminos. Turn the Instant Pot off
- Add in the artichoke hearts, potatoes and remaining salt stir to combine. Top with the bacon bits and chicken thighs. Add in 2-3 lemon slices and the broth. Close the lid and seal the steam valve
- Hit the manual or pressure button and set time to 15 minutes. Once the timer goes off, do a quick release. Spoon the artichokes and potatoes into dishes and serve with chicken thighs. Top with frersh parsley if desired