Eating healthy does not have to be boring! One of my favorite ways to improve the flavor of a dish is with fresh herbs, spices, and homemade sauces. This pesto is so easy to throw together and it tastes amazing! My favorite way to serve it is with zoodles and grilled chicken, so simple yet so yummy.
When you are toasting pine nuts, you don’t need to add any oil to the pan. The pine nuts release their natural oils when warmed. You do need to keep an eye on them though because they can burn quickly and then they get bitter. The main tool that you need to make this pesto is a Food Processor . It makes it so simple! A high powered blender will work too.
Used in this Recipe:
More Flavor-Builders You Will Love:
*This post contains affiliate links that help keep The Bettered Blondie up and running. When you make a purchase using one of these links, I make a small commission. It does not add any additional cost to you.
Basil Pesto - Keto/Low Carb
- 2 cups basil leaves Fresh
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Avocado Oil + 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese Fresh
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a dry saute pan, add the pine nuts and turn heat to low. Stir frequently and let the pine nuts toast to a light golden color. Be careful not to burn, they will get bitter.
- Add toasted pine nuts, basil, and garlic to a food processor and pulse until a course texture.
- Add in 1/2 cup of the oil and blend until smooth. Stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can use it right away, but if not, place in an airtight container and cover with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Store in the freezer.